Total Pageviews

page

Saturday, May 28, 2011

My first Heirloom sewing

I love heirloom sewing.  I love the look.  It is just so dainty.  I would love to have a little girl to sew for but don't.    So how do i play with heirloom sewing without a little girl.  I have to make things like the above pillow case.  I know i can make things like pillows, curtains, home decorations, slips, nighties and even some woman clothes can add a touch of heirloom sewing.   I made this pillowcase after taking a class on heirloom sewing at Husqvarna Sewing Gallery in Mentor.  Sorry,  I can't remember who the teacher was.   But, I have a great book that gives me all the information I got in that class and way more called Grandmothers Hope Chest written by Martha Campbell Pullen.    

3 comments:

  1. Cheryl, this pillowcase is exquisite. Did you know there is a Heirloom group on Stitchtalk, it's called All Heirloom Sewing, they could do with some inspiration and any lessons you could pass on, I know I would benefit. But this piece is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy. I'm pretty new at heirloom sewing too. I am the one who started the heirloom group on stitchtalk. I am going to try to think of some projects that we can do to increase our heirloom sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pillow case - absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete