Total Pageviews

page

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Why I'm blogging?

After buying a top of the line sewing machine three years ago I had the frightening realization I didn't know what I was doing with it or how I was suppose to begin sewing.   I loved the idea of making garments, home decorations, quilting projects, bags etc…   I wanted to be able to make beautiful things and have people ooh and ahh.  But, with each project I would realize that I have lots to learn.   I remember one of my first shirts I attempted to make.  I decided to use my serger and serged a hole right in the middle of the shirt.  This was thrown to the side and never finished, it was much too small anyway and what to do with a hole in the middle.  (I thought, when i get really good  (and lose some weight) I'll figure out how to fix this darn hole).    This type of thing happened over and over, but i kept trying.  I guess you can say this is my journey of learning how to sew, quilt, embellish, embroider, knit, crochet and even cook/bake and do any type of home making.  As I go along in this blog my plan is to give the links of how I learned to do these terrific hobbies.  I'm still learning too.  I'm no expert and would love the company of others on this journey of being a domestic goddess in our own worlds.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Cheryl. I'm glad you've started your blog and something tells me it's going to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy. And, thanks for adding yourself as a follower. I'll do the same on your blog.

    ReplyDelete